- Guests 6
- Cabins 4
- Model Cat
- Year Built 2019
Charter Rates Per Week
|Rate Period||Terms||2 Guests||3 Guests||4 Guests||5 Guests||6 Guests|
|Winter 2023 to 2024||Inclusive||$39,000||$40,000||$40,000||$41,000||$41,000|
Additional Rate Information
CREW GRATUITY: The prices do not include a tip for your crew.
It’s customary to tip your crew at the end of the charter, the norm for good service is 15%-20% of the charter fee.
5 NIGHT MINIMUM
LESS THAN 7 NIGHT CHARTERS: For 6 nights divide by 7N X 6N. For less than 6 nights, divide by 6N X number of nights.
XMAS/NEW YEAR’S: 7 nights over Christmas $51,000 and New Year’s flat rate $53,000 for 2-8 guests. New Year’s charters must start December 27th or later.
Embarkation 12PM / Disembarkation 12PM
Dragonfly is a BVI based yacht and Crew.
Permits and cruising fees are included in the BVI ONLY. Other locations fees will be extra if applicable.
HALF-BOARD RATES: Discount of $150 per person
Includes: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 3 dinners. Requires 3 lunches and 4 dinners ashore at client expense.
LOCAL FARE MEAL PLAN: Discount of $75 per person
Includes: 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 6 dinners. Requires 2 lunches and 1 dinner ashore at client expense.
SLEEPABOARD RATE: Half of the daily rate.
Includes boarding at 4pm or later with welcome cocktail. Client takes dinner on shore at client expense. Includes continental breakfast the next morning and depart at 12noon unless otherwise agreed upon with Captain.
Summer Area: Caribbean Leewards, Caribbean Virgin Islands (BVI)
Winter Area: Caribbean Leewards, Caribbean Virgin Islands (BVI)
Location Details: Based in the British Virgin Islands.
St. Thomas pick up available upon request only.
Captain Dave Scallan grew up by the water in a small, coastal town in South East Ireland. Water safety and yachting are in his blood. Dave’s dad ran a water rescue operation and his parents pushed him to sail as a young boy. Growing up he raced dinghies, sailed in regattas and spent as much time on the water as he could. During his university years, Dave earned his degree as a mechanical engineer while simultaneously becoming a senior instructor through the Irish Sailing Association.
Dave then went on to instruct sailing in more than four different yacht clubs in Ireland. After his time in Ireland, he developed a strong desire to travel and live internationally. He took a position at the Southern Yacht Club in New Orleans as a sailing director. After his time in the states, Dave decided to combine his love of the water with his engineering background and worked on super yachts in Spain, Italy and Greece.
Dave became a delivery captain in France where he completed four Atlantic crossings. After working as a delivery captain in France, he found himself in the Caribbean, where he has been based for 5 years while spending the last season in the Exumas, in the Bahamas.
Dave has more than 40,000 miles as a captain alone. He attributes his long maritime resume to his sense of humor, ability to whip up a drink and a good time. His goal is to take each day and make the most of it, both on and off charter. His larger than life personality, combined with his experience make him a fun, passionate captain. In his spare time, he wakeboards, kite boards, skis (on both liquid and frozen water), keeps up with his favorite rugby teams, and scuba dives.
Chef Valentina Saenz de Regadera was born and raised in the coastal city of Viña del Mar – Chile, by a Chilean mother and Argentinean father, she grew up in a house that blends the culinary traditions inherited by her European great grandparents with the Latin American flavors. From a very young age, she started cooking but it wasn’t until after graduating college that she decided to pursue her passion for cooking, moving to Argentina, where she went to culinary school in Buenos Aires. Her career would take her to work and live in countries such as Australia, Germany and Canada, visiting over 32 countries in the last 7 years. Extremely passionate about food and hospitality, she aims to give the best customer service with an eye for personal detail, paying tribute to that mix of flavors and sea side feel she grew up in.
Over the years she has worked in various kitchens, from trendy bars, to hip cafes, bistros in the mountains to high end restaurants in multicultural cities, constantly learning new flavors and techniques. She has a great sense of adventure, loves to dive, travel, sail and enjoy the outdoors and through her dishes you will travel alongside her memories, tasting the food from around the globe, with a Latin American twist.
Dave and Valentina look forward to showing you a wonderful time on board Dragonfly!
|Crew||Valentina Saenz de Regadera|
Dragonfly accommodates 8 guests in 4 Queen cabins, each with en suite heads with dry shower. The starboard aft cabin is the VIP suite. The crew takes the port midship bunk cabin.
All breakfast have selection of breads, fresh fruit platters, juice, coffee, tea and milk.
1) Caribbean shakshuka: Caribbean seasoned tomato stew, eggs, fried plantains, fresh avocado and cilantro, served on cast iron skillets.
2) Stuffed french toast: Brie and guava stuffed french toast, on brioche bread. Caramelized figs and fresh fruits.
3) Avocado toast: Smashed avocado over grilled pan seared sourdough bread, your choice of eggs and a side of arugula, corn and feta salad with a lime and mint dressing.
4) Fluffy banana pancakes: Served with glazed pineapples, passion fruit coulis and a coconut salted caramel drizzle.
5) Island Benny: Braised pork shoulder over johny cakes, cayenne hollandaise and roasted pepper salsa.
6) Potato and oaxaca cheese galette: served with pulled jerk chicken, sunny side eggs and julienne spring onions.
7) Plantain fritatta: served with a fresh herloom tomato and basil salad.
1) Shrimp ceviche with fresh mango and passion fruit leche de tigre.
2) Chilled glass noodle Laksa served with tropical slaw and citrus segments.
3) Grilled lobster with spicy pineapple salsa and garden salad.
4) Crab “chupe”: Chilean crab casserole with a bread and coconut cream base, chili, cilantro and Parmesan gratin.
5) Roasted pork with Caribbean rub, citrus papaya slaw and sweet potato chips.
6) Rock salt cooked chicken, pan seared asparagus and cilantro pesto barley salad.
7) Grilled catch of the day (whole fish), jazmin rice, tropical slaw and coconut, lime, ginger sauce.
1) Caribbean curry style goat ossobuco, fungi and roasted baby root veggies.
2) Pan roasted chicken Maryland, braised greens, lime ginger pan juices and plantain garnish.
3) Beef tenderloin, red wine sauce, carrot puree and potato tarragon gratin.
4) Pan seared catch of the day, celeriac puree, braised leaks and confit tomatoes.
5) Beetroot risotto with balsamic glazed beetroots, goat cheese, toasted walnuts and arugula.
6) Umami marinate cauliflower florets with dahl style lentils, chipotle date puree and roasted cherry tomatoes.
7) Olive oil poached hake with truffle and pinto bean puree, black garlic aioli, fennel and pickled shallots.
EXTRA OPTION Lobster bisque: Butter poached lobster, snow peas and coconut foam.
1) Seared scallops served over a pea and chili puree, micro greens and cilantro chimichurri.
2) Mahi mahi tiradito with a sesame ponzu dressing, shaved carrots and ginger garnish.
3) Braised goat tostones with smoked goats cheese, pickled shallots and cilantro.
4) Charcuterie board: Selection of cheese and meat, house pickles, grainy mustard, sweet and salty nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit and mango cilantro chutney.
5) Grilled bell peppers, stuffed with eggs and cheese served over watercress salad and lime dressing.
6) Street Tacos: pulled beef, deep fried pork belly and shrimp tacos. Served with pickled onions, cilantro, pineapple and avocado,
7) Bruschetta capresse: mix of roasted and fresh tomatoes, topped with fresh buffalo burrata, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and fresh micro basil.
8) Middle eastern board: Selection of hummus, babaganoush, seared halloumi, pita bread, lamb koftas, yogurt sauce and house pickles.
1) Bananarama: Raw vegan banana tart with a coconut and banana filling, cacao crunch, deep fried bananas and coconut sorbet.
2) Passion fruit slice with creme patissiere, passion fruit coulis, mango puree and moscato granita.
3) Lavander and Mango: lavander custard filled profiterole, with mango coulis and sorbet.
4) Piña colada: deconstructed cake with flambee pineapple, coconut diplomat cream, vanilla sponge and rum sauce.
5) Pear and pistacchio tart with eldelflower gel and white chocolate mousse.
6) Hazelnut and Chocolate semifreddo, chocolate crunch, maple glazed pears and torched marshmallow.
7) Rocky road: chocolate mousse cake, with cherry filling, drunk cherries, caramelized nuts and italian meringue.
POTENTIAL LUNCH DESSERTS
1) Suspiro limeño cups: Manjar blanco (evaporated and condensed milk caramel), italian meringue and passion fruit.
2) Chili and mango sorbet
3) Tropical fruit pavlova
4)Vanilla and hibiscus pannacotta cups.
5) Coconut sticky rice parfaits with fresh mango and lime mint glaze.
6) Celestino: Dulce de leche filled crepe topped with a quenelle of vanilla icecream.
7) Eldelflower and strawberry triffle cups.
Ed Hamilton & Co. endeavors to provide the most up-to-date yacht information, availability and rate details, however, all information published on this site is subject to change without notice. Please contact us for the most current yacht information, availability and rate details.